Refunds & Returns Policy
Bob Wells Nursery has been successfully shipping trees and plants for many years. Your plants are selected for quality and vitality and are packaged carefully. However, your tree has been in a dark box for a few days. It may have been handled roughly by mail carriers and could possibly have been exposed to extreme temperatures.
Although your tree has been well-watered prior to shipment, it may look dry, a little wilted, have some yellow leaves or even lost leaves. This is no cause for alarm. It simply needs water, sunlight and time. Trees are very resilient and can survive a lot of punishment. Once they get established in their new home, they perk up quickly.
We do not handle replacements via the phone or social media. Please email your request along with proof photos. See below for details.
If your tree or plant arrives damaged and you notify us within one week of receiving your order, we will replace or refund the plant, including shipping fees. Please send an image of the box if it is damaged, a close-up image of the plant damage as well as a picture of the entire plant to [email protected]. Include your order number, name and description of the problem. (Please note that leaves wilted or missing, small holes or spots on leaves, or small broken branches are not considered damage and do not qualify for replacement credit.) NOTE: Sometimes, fruit trees may have broken limbs that occurred during shipping. It’s best to use a sharp pair of hand clippers to trim them off instead of pulling them off, which could tear and damage the tree.
If you believe you were sent the wrong item, please notify us within one week and email an image of the tree or plant along with the nursery plant tag. We will send out a replacement.
We offer a three-month warranty for shipped items. There are many factors beyond our control that can lead to the death of a tree (e.g., too much or too little water/rain, soil conditions, early or late freezes, gophers or moles eating the roots, scraping the tree with a lawnmower/weed eater, too much or too little fertilizer, general lack of care, etc.). However, if after following our planting instructions, your tree or plant dies within 90 days of purchase, we offer a one-time store credit for the original purchase price of the tree. The customer is responsible for shipping fees. Before requesting store credit, please perform a scratch test to determine if the tree is still green.* If the tree has died, provide a close-up image of the scratch test as well as a picture of the entire plant and its environment to [email protected]. Include your order number, name and description of the problem. (Items that are picked up at our retail location are excluded from this warranty.)
We offer a limited warranty for bare-root trees that do not leaf out in the spring. You must notify us within six months of purchase but no later than May 31st of the growing season. We will issue a one-time store credit for the original price of the tree. (Shipping fees not included.) Before requesting store credit, please perform a scratch test to determine if the tree is still green.* If the tree has died, provide a close-up image of the scratch test as well as a picture of the entire plant to [email protected]. Include your order number, name and description of the problem.
The following are excluded from our warranty:
- Any situation where neglect is involved will void warranty coverage. This includes improper planting, watering or mulching. The customer should have general knowledge of how to take care of plants and trees, and is responsible for day-to-day care and maintenance.
- Trees and plants kept in the temporary pots they came in.
- Trees and plants purchased outside the recommended USDA growing zone.
- Multi-graft tree orders, including bare root. We are unable to guarantee that all the grafts on these trees will survive once they have left our nursery and have been planted at your home.
- All Jujube tree varieties are excluded from this warranty, including bare root orders.
- Bare-root Strawberries are excluded from this warranty. However, we guarantee Strawberry plants to be true to name and in good condition at the time of shipping. If damaged during shipping, notify us within one week.
- There is no warranty or returns offered for trees due to rootstock discrepancies. Rootstocks mentioned in the descriptions are as accurate as possible, but we can’t guarantee you will receive what is listed. If you request a particular rootstock, we will do our best to fulfill your request. We realize that some customers’ tree orders depend upon receiving an exact rootstock. In those cases, it is the customer’s responsibility to let us know in the note area at checkout that the order should be canceled if we can’t provide your requested rootstock. Otherwise, we will send you what we have available.
- Trees and plants must be dead, not just “looking bad” or still in dormancy.
- No claims will be considered if made after the specified periods.
- We do not refund tax for orders placed online.
- All sales final for discounted items.
- Third-party shipping. If you’re buying our products and using us as the drop-shipper to resell them, your items aren’t covered under our warranty. You assume all liability, including shipping delays, damages and losses. There will be no exceptions. We will not mark these as gifts. We will also not hide our brand logo.
*To perform a scratch test, cut a thin slice of the outer bark layer approximately 12 inches from the base of the tree. If the trunk is brown, the tree is dead.